Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update: January 25, 2007

CURRENT WEIGHT: 7 LBS, 5.1 OUNCES
ADJUSTED AGE: 7.5 WEEKS

Truman had another pediatrician appointment yesterday. The pediatrician is happy overall with his health and developmental progress, but is concerned about the fact that we have seem to have increasing eating issues. That prompted the doctor to refer us to a feeding clinic for weekly sessions.

In recent weeks, Truman has returned to his earlier ways of screaming through bottle feedings and trying to refuse bottles altogether. And, he has become a lazy breastfeeder. Although he is always eager to breastfeed, he seems only to get satisfied overnight and early in the day when the supply is greater and nursing is easier. So, trying to keep him happy and full has become quite a struggle. I was so glad to hear that there may be special help to ease these issues, particularly considering that I am returning to work full time in about five weeks because we won't be able to cut bad bottle sessions short and offer breastfeeding as an alternative while I am at work.

Developmentally, Truman hit another milestone this week. He began tracking moving objects with his eyes and head. We noticed it on Sunday. He was very obviously following Ben's hands with his eyes and whole head. I've noticed in the last couple of days that when I put him down in his bouncy seat, he watches me walk away from him.

--Kara

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think feeding is an issue with everyone. Those babies sure do get lazy when it comes to the ease of morning breastfeeding. Good luck, though. Returning to work is hard, but it makes time together so wonderful. I've been watching Truman's progress since the start, I heard about the page on IV. Keep it up and I look forward to more pictures and updates!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I had some trouble with my DD taking a bottle while I was away from her all day at work. I pumped and it was given to her via the bottle when possible. My sitter gave her some of it through a thin straw to get her started and then did the bottle. We breastfed as much as possible while I wasn't at work and she didn't need as much during the day.

It will get easier once you are able to introduce other foods b/c the breastfeeding needs will slowly decrease. I think it is wonderful that you are still going strong with the breastfeeding.

I wish I had more advice for you! Good luck!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Hooray for following objects! One thing I've learned is to celebrate ALL milestones and that is a great one to hear that Truman has done.

Good luck at the feeding clinic. I hope they can help.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you were going back to work so soon! Who will be taking care of him?

Thanks for updating us...he is such a little cutie!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home