Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Update: Friday, Sept. 29

CURRENT WEIGHT: 2 lbs, 7 ounces

Truman gave me a present when I got the hospital today. He let me hold him all swaddled up like a regular baby. It was the first time I've held him and been able to see his face at the same time. I know I'm biased, but he's the cutest baby there ever was all wrapped up like that.

We talked and read for more than an hour. He was quite cozy and his oxygen levels were beautiful (that is after we got all the snot cleaned out of his nose from the sneezing he did just before I held him). Nurse Bev said that he had been alert a lot today and she just thought he needed extra attention. I also got to lift him back into the isolette when we were done. It reminded of just how little he still is.

He is up to 14 CCs (3.5 ounces a day) on his feeds and is tolerating them wonderfully. Nurse Bev said his PLL line (the central line that the IV nutrition goes in) is near the end of its life. There's talk that when it has to be pulled in the next few days that it might not be replaced. We've just got to get enough milk volume to take its place before then.

--Kara

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that everything is going so well!! And what a wonderful present for you to get!!! I think about you and your little one everyday and I pray he continues to make such good progress. He'll be home in your arms in no time!!! Keep the faith :)
~Laura November 2006 BBC Board

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been checking on little Truman everyday since I found the link on babycenter december 2006 babies. I pray that he will be in your arms at home very soon. He is such a trooper. I cannot imagine how happy you were to get to hold him today.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara -- That's so exciting! What a wonderful feeling. I know you are a very happy Mommy right now. Tell him hi for me.

Amy

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful present!!! We could just imagine the look on your face, and the happiness that you felt. That is just truly wonderful. Keep going strong Truman!!!
Keeping you three in our thoughts,
Jason and Cinda

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! I am so excited to hear of such great progress! I can't wait to give the little guy his first A&M jersey to wear proudly on Thanksgiving! We're continuing to pray and can't wait to see you and meet your blessing! Love, Summer

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to hold him like that. I bet it was wonderful. Sounds like he is doing great!!! So good to hear it.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so pleased that everything is going well! What a wonderful gift to be able to hold him. I'm sure he just the most beautiful little boy! So strong too! We continue to hold you all in our thoughs and prayers!

The Ezermans

8:04 PM  
Blogger Sienna Panice said...

He's truly God's Little Miracle! What wonderful news!

Melody Panice

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that your little boy is such a fighter. I learned about him first through the babycenter message boards. I will continue to pray for Truman.
God Bless
Mindy from New Jersey

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara and Ben and Truman,
Every time I check on Truman's progress, I pray for good news. Some days it's not as good as we would like to read, but others the news is fantastic. That little boy is a tough little bird, and I know that God put him here early for a purpose. All of you are in my prayers each day knowing that God has His plans for everyone. Whenever I leave the site, my prayer is always "only you God." Keep hopeful knowing all of you are in many prayers. Love, Gwen

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an AWESOME update!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank, you Lord! What a blessing!
Praying in Palestine.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home