Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Friday, November 16, 2007

No!

CHRONOLOGICAL AGE: 15.5 MONTHS
ADJUSTED AGE: 11.5 MONTHS

A glorious day in parenting -- he understands the word "no" and actually acts accordingly. So, now we can say "Truman, no!" and he will stop the intentional gagging and will pause a foot from the cords. We're still working on him not returning to the same activity 10 seconds later, but hey, at least we get a pause to rescue him from the danger and we're making progress. Considering his penchant for unplugging any cords he can find and then chewing on them, this is a very welcome step!!

Truman also hit another milestone yesterday -- he cruised. It was just a few steps, but he did it!

In the last week, he has also learned to pull up on the toilet lid and toilet paper holders, play with toilet paper, and flush the toilet. No, we're not starting early potting training, he's just discovered all sorts of fun things in the bathroom while Mom and Dad get dressed. That also means that our toilet brushes and bathroom trashcans now live on top of the toilet. And in other bathroom fun, Truman was standing holding onto the side of my tub watching it fill one morning while I was at the sink putting on my contacts. When I went to get in the tub, I found a water-logged stuffed pumpkin in my tub. Gee, how did that get there, Truman?

--Kara

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Truman!

It is great to read about all of the "kid stuff" you have going at your house. It is wonderful even if it bugs your parents but you do have to mind. Promise you won't plug up the toilet on Thanksgiving. Okay?

Sending you oodles of Angel Hugs, Kisses, Praises and Prayers. You are one amazing guy. May the Lord continue to send those blessings your way.

"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord."

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely understand you guys making Truman's life private, but I will say I'll miss checking in on him. Thank you so much for sharing his life to this point with everyone. He has been such a blessing to me! You have a very beautiful baby.

-Katie

11:09 PM  
Blogger Judy from SS said...

Kara, I have certainly enjoyed the posts about your little BEN. You have been in our prayers since you started the blog page. I have kept Ashley updated on MR. Ben's progress. She has been busy keeping up with her triplet 2 1/2 yr old girls and 5 yr old son. We would like to keep getting your posts about Ben.

Judy Payne Mills
Sulphur Springs

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

hahah! Getting into trouble, how refreshing huh? I have a hard time getting mad at my preemie knowing all she's been through... yep, I'm raising a spoiled brat as a result...

9:03 AM  
Blogger MY JOURNEY TO A HAPPY HEALTHIER ME.... said...

Wow, I can't believe that in just a few weeks Truman will have been home for a year! Time sure does fly doesn't it...I was flipping back through your old posts and looking at some of Truman's first pics and then his new ones...my how he has grown, he sure has a beautiful smile, it lights up his entire face!
I am happy for the opportunity that I have had over the last 15.5 months that you have shared your beautiful miracle with all of us- with me- from the lows to the highs...I will miss you all, but I knew this day would eventually come when Truman (and his parents :) ) would get back to their own lives and be 'normal', but again, thank you for sharing your journey....I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts everyday, and I know that Truman will live up to his big name, because he is a fighter! Sending you lots of love and wishing you and your family a beautiful holiday season and a wonderful life! Sara

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home