Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Never Turn Your Back ...

CHRONOLOGICAL AGE: 13.5 MONTHS
ADJUSTED AGE: 9.5 MONTHS

... or this might happen. I really didn't think his arms were long enough to reach a bowl on the edge of his high chair. Clearly, even if his arms aren't long enough, his will is strong enough. I call this The Great Green Bean Disaster of 2007. I guess he showed me once and for all how he feels about green beans and that I can't really make a quick run to the bathroom while he's strapped in. By the way, what you can't see are the green beans in the hair.


Mama and Daddy aren't the only ones who need to watch out. Flora has now become Truman's favorite toy, moving object, living thing -- you name it, if he sees her, he stops what he is doing, and if possible, takes off, abandoning parents, toys, food in pursuit of Flora. He tries to do the same with our other cat, Pickles, but Pickles is old and mean and does his best to avoid Truman. When Truman does get close, Pickles hisses, which can send Truman into fits of laughter. He thinks Pickles's bluster is quite funny. Truman has gotten a few grabs in on Pickles, nearly causing a heart attack for the cat.

And, of course, the stairs are the one of the big temptations of the house. I really think he could climb the whole flight if he didn't get daunted and more interested in the people spotting him below.


That closes this chapter of adventures in Trumanland.




8 Comments:

Blogger another day said...

SOOOOOO Adorable!!!!!

shawnee(BBC)

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I remember when I read this story from either brides.com or one of the many wedding sites I was on. Someone posted it and I have been trying my hardest to keep up with how he has been doing. He still has alot of growing to do but before you know it, he will be 6 ft 5 in...lol. He is handsome. YOur guys are awesome parents!!!!!!

Chris

12:42 PM  
Blogger mumlollipop said...

LOL he is sooo cute. We do baby led weaning and so Jacob is constantly covered in food from head to toe but we love it. There is nothing cuter than a baby covered in food and smiling!
Take a peek at our blog photos if you like (think you just click on my name). The earlier photos are the messiest!
Laura x

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is delightful to return from vacation to a wonderful update on all of the "normal" things that Mr. Truman is doing. How wonderful that he covered himself in greenbeans! It means you're giving him the chance to do such messy, awful, amazingly fun things.

Thanks, as always, for letting us share in the miracle of Truman. You are all just doing such an amazing job.

Sincerely,
Jaymie G.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Buddy!

Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking about you and praying for you every day. You sure are getting big, my friend. Keep up the good work. You are THE BEST Truman I know. ;D

Sending oodles of Angel Hugs, Praises and Prayers. I can't wait for your next update. I'm sure it will be full of great things.

"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord."

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh he is just far to cute!!! wat a honey!!!!

kylie
kainesmum dec ex board

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is just sooo cute.

12:06 AM  
Blogger RusticateGirl said...

Wow, he is a cutie, isn't he? When I was pregnant, I used to keep up with your blog all the time. I rooted for Truman. I just checked back after a long while and it's so GREAT to see him doing well.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home