Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Breastfeeding Success!

Truman and Mommy had a date with the lactation consultant this afternoon. Truman did beautifully and our LC said he was doing some great nutritive sucking. We had about a 20 minute session and even burped afterwards -- a very tiny, cute burp.

Afterwards, about halfway through his regular tube feed, he decided to have a couple of big desats. Mommy has a suspicion, as do some of the nurses, that his tummy was just full.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY to breastfeeding success! I know, speaking from experience here, that it can sometimes be VERY difficult. I'm so glad it is going well - it is such a rewarding experience for both mommy and baby! (again, speaking from experience here!) Congrats!

Steph

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, fantastic! Well done. Lots of full-termers have a tough time breastfeeding, so good job Truman! Sorry about the desats ... I know I get tired when I have a full belly, too. :-)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Congratulations on your adorable son and breastfeeding!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Relentless Toil said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Best wishes from the mom of a former micropreemie. It sounds like you're doing awesome.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Truman!!! Your momma is doing such a good job!!!! You just didnt want that old tube after having your momma's good milk, huh?

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is incrediably awesome! It brings tears to my eyes (happiness of course) to hear that he is doing so well. I look forward to the updates of his progress..It wont be long til he's home and life will be somewhat normal.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to send my prayers and thought your way. Im am 22 weeks and 2 days pregnant and when I read your story it just filed my heart with warmth!! Your baby is beautiful and I wish nothing but the best to your family. You will continue to stay in my prayers as I will continue to look at your page to see how Truman is doing!
Best Wishes
Erika

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home