Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 101

CURRENT WEIGHT: 4LBS, 4.6 OUNCES (1954 GRAMS)

We have not heard back from Truman's surgeon, but his neonatologist called the surgeon again today requesting surgery be scheduled for either Monday or Tuesday. Truman will have a barium enema down in radiology today, which is one of the preparatory steps for surgery.

His feeds were upped to 39CCs per feeding, which is 10.4 ounces per day or 1.3 ounces per feeding. He also cut Truman back to two breast feeding sessions per day so that he burns as few of calories as possible, but still keeps that skill and bond with Mom.

--Kara

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to you all. I am from the BBC website, and I had my own preemie in Sept. 2004. It was a long hard road, but my DD just recently turned 2 and is PERFECT! The first 18 months were a definite test on our abilities to cope, but everything is wonderful now. I check in daily to see how Truman is doing, and I wish you all the best. STAY STRONG!

11:58 AM  
Blogger scait said...

Yeh for Truman! You are, today, the same weight my boy was when he came home from the hospital. So quit dallying about, have your surgery and get on home! ;)

Best wishes for a speedy surgery and recovery.

Go Truman GO!!!

Cait and Sev
www.sevryn.blogspot.com

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home