Teeny Tiny Truman

This page is all about Truman, born Aug. 8, 2006 to Kara and Ben.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Truman's Name

Truman Borden


Truman - From Old English, literally "True Man," meaning faithful or honest.


Borden - Also from Old English, meaning "From the Boar's Den," which sounds a little ferocious, but the name doesn't bring up that image as much these days as much as that of a cow and/or brand of dairy products. What is really more relevant is that it is a fourth-generation name. Truman's great-granddad was Oscar Borden, his grandfather is Davis Borden, and his father is Benjamin Borden.


We like the name because it's uncommon, easily pronouncable, somewhat distinguished, and pretty much nickname-proof. And it just seems to fit him. Lots of people say that it's a big name for such a little boy, but we expect that he'll be growing into it soon.

--Ben

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't met him yet, but it sure seems to fit to me. I think it's a wonderful name-- one of those names that grows with you. And it was nick-name proof before his aunt went and called him "Teeny Tiny Truman." I can change the header on the blog any time you like.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Truman,
When I heard about your name in church this morning, I thought to myself "Hmmm. I'll bet he is a true man." Your grandfather, Davis, was talking to us about God's work in our lives and about the emotions (feelings) that are present in our families all the time. As a member of your church family, I must tell you that I am feeling some strong emotions and feelings about you and your family of origin today. When I am feeling this way, I like to express the way I feel to God in a prayer. Emotion seems to be a wonderful energizer for prayer. I just want you to know that I am praying for God to hold you in His hand until you are completely healed.
I look forward to meeting you in person someday soon!
- Jaci McCrary

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home